Welcome!

The Griffin overseer group for Hawken's senior project 2010 will be blogging about their experiences on project. From NASA to New York fashion, from cooking to conducting, we'll hear about what these thirteen talented Hawken seniors are up to.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Cleveland Yoga Week 2

This past week at Cleveland Yoga has been very busy! One of our requirements from CY is to take one yoga class a day and try out a new teacher each day (amazing!!) While I have been practicing yoga at this studio for about two years, there are many teachers that I haven't taken from. It has been very interesting for me to really notice the different styles each teacher has- some are very spiritual, while others are just into the physical aspects. This has been particularly helpful for me in that I have just finished my own teacher training and I am trying to discover my own style and what kind of teacher I want to be.

The senior project girls (there are 5 of us) are starting a 21-day cleanse and we began today. The cleanse is no gluten, sugar, alcohol, caffeine, and animal products. I completed this same cleanse with my teacher training group last month so I am not doing the full cleanse again. This time, I'm just modifying it and only eliminating the animal products which has proven to be a difficult task so far. I am already a vegetarian and have easily given up eggs, but the dairy is hard to eliminate because it is in SOOO much of what we eat. Ice cream is also my true weakness...

But I am TRULY enjoying spending so much time at the yoga studio and deepening my practice.

1 comment:

  1. That kind of diet modification is HARD. When you did the cleanse with teacher training, did you find that you got kind of dizzy and tired at first, but eventually felt good?

    And yes, I know what you mean about ice cream - sorbet is great, but it's not the same. :)

    ReplyDelete