Welcome!

The Griffin overseer group for Hawken's senior project 2010 will be blogging about their experiences on project. From NASA to New York fashion, from cooking to conducting, we'll hear about what these thirteen talented Hawken seniors are up to.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010


Hi all:) Sorry I’m late.

So far my project has been pretty low key. The first week of project was also tech week for spring theatre project, so I spent pretty much every waking moment running lines for that.

As far as project goes, I just tried to lay as much groundwork as I could so that when STP was over, I could dive right in and be as productive as I could. That didn’t work as well as I would have liked because, conveniently, last week was also tech week for the show I was assistant directing at my old school St Gregs. Most everything was set in stone by that point, so all I really had to do was show up, be on book, keep the kids quiet (To my dismay, it seems they prefer this to be done non-violently). Which, if you’ve ever been in a hot sweaty gym with 150 hormonally over-stimulated twelve and thirteen year olds, you know isn’t the most relaxing task. But anyway, this week I’ve been focusing on the performance aspect of my project. Caucusing with my sub-sponsor, John Paul Soto, and my live-in musical consultant, my dad, solidifying the basics of my senior recital. Basics like venue, repertoire, date, time, invite list, etc… It’s not the most exciting, but it has to be done. Good luck all of you. Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment